Monday, February 9, 2009

Since Sammy's last update...

I am debating my career goals. Is it worth changing jobs? Do I want med-surg or continue to critical care? How much do I have to hate my job to make a change? Which hospital should I be at? Do I focus on getting a Masters in Nursing Education? When did it become okay for patients and family/friends visiting to yell and harass the nursing staff?

I thought after college you would have most of these questions figured out. You get married, have babies, and enjoy your career. Simple right!?!? HA!

The great thing is Alan loves school and likes hanging out with his classmates. He got his lens kit that has hundreds of different refractory lens in a new shiny leather case with some other optometrist tools the first week of school. He giggled and is so excited looking at the lenses. The kids help Alan study almost every night.
I deeply desire and miss 2 things: church friends and singing in a professional choir.

Boppies (Emily's paternal grandpa) went to heaven the week before Christmas (December 18th, 2008). The one year anniversary of my Aunt Patsy going to Heaven was January 24th, 2009. Life is too short.

I went to Boston the last week of January to spend amazing time with my parents, brother and future sister. I felt we did an eat-across-Boston tour; it was fantastic!
Alan and I are excited about going on a spring break road trip to Florida with 2 other couples. A really nice condo near Pensacola, Florida has our name on it in March.
In the meantime, I'll just watch the kids play.

1 comment: