Monday, February 9, 2009

Sammy Christmas 2006

Christmas Letter 2006

Merry Christmas! It’s Sammy Wegener, your favorite Christmas-Card-writing cat. I do enjoy sharing the highlights of this past year and what my parents (Alan and Emily) have been doing. This summer was very busy. My mom stopped working at Children’s Mercy in May and started working in June at St. Mary’s Hospital in Blue Springs on an adult Medical/Surgical unit on dayshift. Mom really enjoys working at her new hospital. Dad’s optometry office moved in mid June, out of the mall and into a private practice in Lee’s Summit. It was nice to have mom and dad on the same daytime schedule, and then I could start eating on a regular schedule. Because the humans’ jobs have moved locations, we moved our home too. We now live in some really nice yellow apartments just west of Independence Mall. Our apartment is on the 3rd floor and I love hanging out on my patio.
Besides job and housing changes, I have had some relationship changes. My first beloved girlfriend, Daisy Mae, went to kitty heaven on September 11th from cancer. Losing her was really hard on our family; I even had trouble eating and getting back to my regular activities. Although it was hard to move on and get used to change, mom and dad found me a new girlfriend, Bella. She is really pretty and extremely fun to play with. Bella keeps me entertained and she is very fun to hang out with.
Mom and dad are involved in many activities and travels, which means I can sleep more when they’re gone. My parents still sing in the Kansas City Symphony Chorus and even went to New York City with the group to sing at Carnegie Hall the end of June. They also traveled to San Diego to see Shamu and other things with Grandma Barb, Dan, and Alan’s brothers. Some really good smells were brought back with them. Besides choir, my parents have been involved in Harmony Vineyard Church; they have tons of new friends that sometimes come over to play with me.
The future holds many options for my parents and me. My dad is eagerly waiting to hear from the optometry schools in which he has applied. Dad applied all over the country: Boston, MA; Memphis, TN; Chicago, IL; Bloomington, IN; and St. Louis, MO. This spring we might move again if he gets accepted. I know I’m the most important thing in their lives, and I’ll go with them wherever life takes us. In the meantime, I’m hoping Santa will bring me lots of catnip.

Yours truly,
Sammy Wegener

No comments:

Post a Comment