Monday, February 9, 2009

Sammy Christmas 2003

Meow (hello!!)~~ November 25, 2003

My mom agreed to write this letter for me. I am Sammy Wegener, a gray tabby cat and the newest member to the family. I was actually born about two weeks before my parents got married, August 2, 2003, but they did not adopt me until I was 5 weeks old. That’s enough about me; I want to tell you what my mom, Emily, and dad, Alan, have been up to lately.
Dad has been busy as a Chemistry major at William Jewell College. He will graduate in the spring of 2004. Dad continues to play ultimate Frisbee on Sunday nights when he can. On Monday nights he is busy with his fraternity, Lambda Chi Alpha, and really enjoys his guy time. The rest of the time he is working at Enterprise Rent a Car as a car prep dude or at the Harriman Arts Program at Jewell doing miscellaneous fun stuff and getting paid for it. Dad also likes to wear shoes with laces; I love shoe laces. Next semester dad will have a heavy class load, so I will try not to bother him when he’s doing his homework. However I do like chasing the mouse on the computer screen.
Mom has been busy with school also. She is a Nursing major at William Jewell College and has lots of important paperwork that tastes really good; I don’t think she likes when I eat her papers. Her hard class is Adult Health, an 8 hour course. On Tuesday and Wednesday mornings she wakes up really early and wears white scrubs, but she doesn’t like to wear shoes with laces. That’s okay because we play ball every morning on the kitchen floor. Mom has three more semesters and a semester of summer school left. Mom sometimes lets me ride in the car with her; I like riding in the car. We go and visit the girls’ dorm at WJC where I can find so many places to hide. In between her classes she works at the Advancement Office at Jewell and volunteers as a Cardinal Blazer, giving tours to prospective students.
Both mom and dad are in the Advanced Hand bells Choir and Concert Choir at school. They also took ballroom dancing lessons at Jewell and sometimes practice in the living room; I try to stay out of the way.
Anyhow, on December 15th I have a scary surgery coming up. Mom and dad told me I’m going to be an “it” and lose my front claws. I don’t know what to expect. Our one bedroom apartment in Liberty is really nice. I love climbing on the furniture. I love to hide in the kitchen cabinets, closets, and refrigerator. …yeah I said refrigerator; mom and dad tell me I am weird, but they still love me, except for when I knock over their big plants and when I scratch mom’s feet…most importantly I want to tell you Merry Christmas and my parents want to wish you a very happy new year.

Love, Sammy Wegener

No comments:

Post a Comment