Monday, February 9, 2009

Samuel Christmas 2008


Meowy Christmas! This is your annual update from your favorite Christmas Card-writing cat. Overall my girlfriend, Bella, is still fun to hang with, and my parents, Alan and Emily, are healthy and happy. I’m 5 years old now, and that means mom and dad celebrated their 5th wedding anniversary last August 2nd.

Dad started optometry school at UMSL (University of Missouri-St Louis), a 4-year program. Prior to moving to the St Louis area, mom and dad enjoyed traveling. In April they took a five day cruise in the Bahamas. In May they spent one week on the North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii only came home for two nights and then went to visit Alan’s Aunt Linda and Uncle Bob in Juneau, Alaska. From warm sandy beaches and snorkeling to whale watching near the glaciers, mom and dad left me to take care of our house while it was on the market. Then in June they left again to join mom’s side of the family at the Burress Family Reunion which met in Tennessee this year at Fall Creek Falls State Park.

I thought traveling was out of their system, but then the boxes came out. We moved our family clear across the state from the Kansas City area to the St Louis area. I love my new house in Maryland Heights. There is a wooded area across the street where I can watch deer in my front yard. Mom lets Bella and me sometimes play outside in the backyard when dad is at school. Bella likes to catch the butterflies and grasshoppers; I would rather just enjoy the warm sun.

Mom really misses her friends from work and is still trying to find a good fit in her new job. Currently she is working as a float pool nurse at Christian Hospital (northeast area of St Louis). Mom and dad also miss their friends at Harmony Vineyard Church, but are hoping to find good fellowship at St Peters Episcopal Church. Dad has brought over some of his school friends, and mom has enjoyed helping me play host.

We have definitely started a new journey in our lives. Dad keeps talking about letting me pick out a puppy to play with in the spring when he has summer break, but I’ll be the judge of that idea. The best thing is we are going to have the same address for the next 3½ years. We hope this letter is greeting you and yours in good spirits.

Yours Truly,
Samuel Wegener

No comments:

Post a Comment