Monday, February 9, 2009

Sammy Christmas 2004

Meow (Hello!), December 5, 2004

It’s that time of year when my mom writes a letter for me so I can tell you what has been going on with my family. I’ve been really good this year, except when I knocked over the lamps to catch a fly. Oh, well.
Since last year my dad, Alan, graduated in May from William Jewell College with a Chemistry degree. Over the summer he went on a fishing trip to Canada with other Wegener boys and came back smelling really good. In July he got a job working for the optometrists inside the Lens’ Crafters at the Independence Mall. He works mall hours and gets to spend time playing with me in the mornings. He has been filling out these papers for eye doctors’ schools and talking about how much he likes eyes. He still plays ultimate Frisbee on Sunday nights and he enjoys hanging out with friends.
My mom, Emily, has been really busy with school. She is planning on graduating in the spring with a Nursing degree and Music minor. Mom likes to practice her nursing stuff on me sometimes. Over the summer mom took 3 summer classes and was overwhelmed taking 12 hours of coursework. On mom and dad’s first anniversary (August 2), mom lost her favorite cat, Sarah, to old age (18 years old); she cried a lot and I tried to cheer her up. When school started again she brought home more books and paper…paper tastes good. Mom is taking 18 hours of courses and she is still in Concert Choir and Handbells at school.
Over the Christmas Break in January, mom is going with other Jewell students on Outward Bound, an adventure in the Florida Everglades. When she graduates mom is going on a mission trip to Honduras at the end of May while dad is going to fish in Canada again. We really do not know where we are going to be next year at this time; it is all dependent on dad getting into eye doctors’ school. Mom thinks she wants to work at a children’s hospital, but I’m okay with where ever we go.
Now that you have a little update on us, my parents and I want to wish you a Merry Christmas. In the New Year, may God’s love be prosperous and may the catnip be plentiful.
Love,
Sammy Wegener

No comments:

Post a Comment