Monday, February 9, 2009

Sammy Christmas 2005

Christmas 2005 Sammy’s Update

The time of year has come to update you on my parents, Alan and Emily. The last year began with mom in Florida fighting the gators and mosquitoes in the Everglades in a canoe on the Outward Bound Adventure; her luggage smelled so great when she returned. Then mom finished her final semester of coursework at William Jewell College and she got her first gray hair from nursing school – now she matches me! Mom spent her Spring Break with the Concert Choir on tour and organized lots of stuff as president. Dad stayed home with me and we played. May was very busy, mom graduated from nursing school, went on a medical mission trip to Honduras, and I hid a lot since we had so much company all the time. Meanwhile dad went to Canada on a fishing trip with the Wegener boys, leaving me all alone in a new house with all of our stuff still in boxes. That was cool, but dad didn’t bring back any real fish. Mom and dad came back, and we have lived in this new house in Independence, Missouri ever since. I like the new 2-bedroom house; it has wooden floors I can slide on, a basement with bugs, and lots of windows to look out at the birds and the squirrels. They say the basement isn’t ‘finished’ but I hope it stays the way it is. Mom started a new job as a nurse at Children’s Mercy Hospital in downtown Kansas City. She works great hours at night and takes naps with me during the day. Mom took the nursing board exams in July and passed on the first time; she is really happy about being a RN.
Dad seems to really like eyeballs still, currently working for the optometrists at Lens Crafters inside the Independence Mall. My parents keep talking about moving again next year for dad to go back to school to become an eye doctor. Moving is rough… Dad has applied to optometry schools in Boston, Chicago, St. Louis, Memphis and Houston and is waiting for them to call him for an interview. I don’t care where we go as long as mom and dad can take me with them. But if I had the choice, I hear there are lots of fish in Boston.
Mom and dad have kept singing and are now in the Kansas City Symphony Chorus. I really like when they have concerts and dad wears his tuxedo with tails and I get my hair on his black suit. I try to sing with them sometimes but they just laugh at me and pick me up. Then I bite them. They keep talking about going to New York City with the Symphony Chorus and singing at Carnegie Hall in June. I wonder who they will leave to feed me.
Recently my girlfriend, Daisy Mae, has come to live with us. Daisy is a 9 year-old, white longhaired cat; she is so fun to chase around the house. I really enjoy taking naps with her on the couch, but sharing my food and litter box with her took a little getting used to; she keeps whining about ‘privacy’. Best of all, she smells great!
Mom and dad plan on spending Christmas in Parsons, and I will take care of the house for them. They want me to tell you they like getting phone calls and updates from you, so keep calling their cell phone thingies. Make sure to come by and see my parents and me; I love when the doorbell rings. As always have a great year, may it be full of catnip and other great stuff.

Yours truly,
Sammy Wegener

No comments:

Post a Comment