Thursday, February 26, 2009

Black and White

Black and white is what I want. Simple decisions...even those are hard sometimes. What am I going to wear today? What should I eat for supper? Should I brush my teeth or wash my face next?
Then there are decisions that make up the gray in life. What would make my life better? Do I like my job? What are my goals this year? How are my relationships doing?...
Recently I've noticed there is a very fine line between frustration and contentment and happiness. Currently I am in limbo everyday about my job. Some days I love being a nurse and serving others that I can overlook anything and enjoy having a job. Other days I am pulling out my hair in frustration and desperation for having such a crappy nursing position. Then on other days I'm just content having a job, security. So why am I undecided about my nursing career? Why am I so indecisive? Is being indecisive a bad thing? Is it me?
James 1:2 Consider is pure joy, Emily, when you have troubles. Because you know that you learn to endure by having your faith tested so that you may be mature and not lacking in anything.

1 comment: