Wednesday, July 27, 2011

weaning

great breastfeeding blog

I am in LOVE with nursing my active toddler. I am SO thankful God has provided my family with the financial options for me to have a break from working in order to nurse my toddler.

breastfeeding myths
make me laugh.

Baby Joey will be 16 months soon. Having Joey 'self-wean' and cut out his own nursings at his own time. Currently, he asks for breastmilk sometimes after falling or making an ouchy, sometimes before his one long nap, most times before bedtime (but never falls asleep attached anymore), often once in the early morning hours, and when hurting. This is a dearly loved time with him.

The kicker is I will need to return back to work before Joey is going to be done weaning himself. My heart is torn. Every feeding has become more precious. The middle of the night tap and grunt, tugging on my shirt, the foot in the face as he tries to get closer to me, the little finger tracing the circle around my belly button....really weaning started when I gave him solid food at 7 1/2 months. This will just be another curve in the road of our breastfeeding relationship.

God has perfect timing and I need to have faith that weaning my child will be in God's timing too.

1 comment:

  1. By 18 months, Aidan was down (with only a little gentle coaxing) to nursing only at night. We were able to continue that way until his third birthday. For the last 8 or so months of our bfeeding relationship he only asked for it a few times a week. He nursed even at the end of pregnancy when there was no milk. Praying that you are able to find a similar balance that will help you maintain hat bond even if it's not as frequent! And yes, God knows exactly what our family needs and will provide accordingly. :)

    ReplyDelete